Friday, October 4, 2013
2013 MCAF funded projects
1) Acoustic tagging of sharks in the Buck Island Monument, St. Croix, US Virgin Islands.
Grantee: Greg Skomal, PhD, and Bryan DeAngelis, Atlantic White Shark Conservancy
2) Leatherback turtle nesting beach monitoring and protection program, Papua, Indonesia.
Grantee: Ricardo Tapilatu, Bird's Head Leatherback Turtle Program
3) Emergency funding for sea turtle protection program on Pacuare Beach, Costa Rica
Grantee: Didiher Chacon, WIDECAST
4) Research on the impact of shark fisheries in Peru
Grantee: Ali Altamirano, ACOREMA
5) Sea ranger community patrol program for locally-managed marine area in Indonesia.
Grantee: Helen Newman, Sea Sanctuaries Trust
6) Research and conservation of sawfish populations in Mozambique
Grantee: Ruth Leeney, PhD, Marine Megafauna Foundation
7) Collection and recycling of derelict fishing nets, Chile
Grantee: Ben Kneppers, New Earth
8) Satellite tagging of manta rays in the Revillagigedo Islands, Mexico
Grantee: Josh Stewart, Manta Trust