Carrie Bow Cay is such an amazing place and we are so fortunate to have these opportunities. Every once in a while you need to stop and appreciate the cool animals you might see at any given point.
|Forget about the stingray shuffle, how about the scorpionfish shuffle. Can you spot the spotted scorpionfish, (Scorpaena plumieri)? Looks like the silversides can.|
|We saw this Caribbean whiptail ray (Himantura schmardae) just about every day. |
This juvenile will grow up to be 3-5 feet in diameter.
If you enjoyed these wildlife pictures, check out previous trips to Belize!
- Researchers most recently visited this past spring
- See the beauty of hermit crabs and ride out a tropical storm during their 2013 trip
- Learn more about threats to corals, plus signs of a late-night visitor to Carrie Bow Cay, in 2012
- See what other researchers are up to at the research station in 2011
- And read the exciting post where the marine protected area was announced in 2010